Annual Report for 2016
1. Participating in “Reunion de zone of CCI International” 1 – 8 February 2016
2. Members’ Directory 2016 was published – March 2015
3. CAFRAJ organized in cooperation with Amman Chamber of Commerce the Franco Jordanian Economic Forum during the official Visit of the French President M. Francois Holland to Jordan on 19th of April 2016.
The Forum was a great success, the presidential delegation included several ministers and representatives of 32 French companies interested in the Jordanian market. CAFRAJ organized B2B meetings to 5 companies on this occasion.
The competition awards were given in a reception organized on the occasion of the visit of MEDEF delegation led by Mr. Pierre Gattaz to Jordan, the First award to a VIE Mr. Nicolas Sidoti from name of Thales was handed over by Mr. Gattaz. The main sponsors of the competition were Messrs. Orange & Messrs. Air France.
5. CAFRAJ hosted a cocktail reception on the 18th of May 2016 in the Residence de France for the MEDEF Delegation.
The Forum tackled the current water projects in Jordan with special focus on the Red Sea – Dead Sea project and the progress in this mega project.
An Exhibition was held on that occasion where French companies active in the water sector in Jordan presented their offer and expertise.
The Golden Sponsor of this forum were Messrs. Suez while we had 3 Silver sponsors namely: Saint Gobain Pam, Sade and Vinci.
- 20 Nov.: Launching of the French Week & the Opening of Le French Marché
In partnership with Messrs. Air France, Societe Generale Bank Jordan SGBJ & InterContinental Amman Hotel organized the “Beaujolais 2016 reception”
- 21 Nov.: the Opening of the Art Exhibition by Sculptor Patrick Renauld under the patronage of HRH Princess Wijdan Al Hashimi
- 23 Nov.: Piano Concert by French Pianist Orlando Bass and Jordanian Pianist Rania Ejeilat.
- 24 Nov.: Gala Dinner
9. Attended the annual Steering Committee with Business France 13 Dec. 2016
CAFRAJ presented its agenda for 2017 and agreed to try to organize a “Vendre a – Sales to program” event in Paris on the medical sector next year in cooperation with Business France
10. Business Lunches:
H.E. Mr. David Bertolotti French Ambassador to Jordan organized in collaboration with CAFRAJ, Business Lunches with market leaders in the following four economic sectors:
· Food Sector 17 January 2016
· Cosmetics 23 February 2016
· Textile 23 May 2016
· Medical Sector & Hospitals 31 October 2016
- Visit by Mr. Olivier Midiere, the Digital Ambassador of MEDEF France to CCI France Jordanie /CAFRAJ, as a result of this visit, an MOU was signed between CAFRAJ and MEDEF to formalize a partnership between our two organizations and to facilitate information sharing and joint initiatives.
- Visit by Senator Mr. Olivier Cadic, Senator Representative of the French Abroad.
- We had the pleasure of welcoming H.E Mr. David Bertolotti on several occasions during 2016.
à Club memberships for the year 2016: 321 members.
à Total number of new members who joined the Club during the year 2016 was: 22 members.
1. WORKING MISSIONS OF CAFRAJ EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR:
· In June 2016, the General Assembly of CCI France International took place in the Paris Chamber of Commerce premises.
Representatives of 85 member countries have attended this event including Jordan, which was represented by Mr. Ibrahim Kattan, CAFRAJ executive director, who was delegated by the Board of Directors.
2. CAFRAJ General Assembly Meeting.
a. The Annual General Assembly meeting of the Club was held on September 25.
b. The Agenda of the meeting was as follows:
· President’s Address and Annual Report 2015
§ Approval of the last General Assembly Meeting Minutes (28 May 2015)
· Auditor’s Report 2015
· Electing the Auditor for 2016
© 2018 CCI FRANCE JORDANIE